Welcome to St Mary!
We are a class of year 2 pupils.
Our teacher is Miss Doran.
Our class teaching assistant is Mrs Simon.
Below we have listed some helpful things about our class that we thought you might find useful to know.
- PE day is on Fridays and Mondays.
- We need to wear plain dark shorts, plain white T shirt and plimsolls or trainers.
- When it is cold outside we cover up with a pair of plain dark tracksuit bottoms or leggings and our school jumper.
- Our hair is tied back if it is long.
- We take any jewellery off at home before we come to school.
- We cover newly pierced earrings up with tape that parents put on at home before school.
- We are given the opportunity to change our books everyday and encouraged to read at least 5 times a week.
- We have maths homework on a Friday that need to be in on a Wednesday.
- We have our new spelling to learn on a Friday and will be tested on these on the following Friday.
- We have a show off read when we have finished our guided reading unit.
- We stick to the 6 golden rules that every class in the school tries to follow.
- Do be gentle – do be kind and helpful – do work hard – do listen – do be honest – do look after property.
- We have a traffic lights system in class where ‘green to go’ is rewarded and red and orange behaviours result in clearly defined and understood red and orange consequences.
- Individuals are rewarded in class by winning raffle tickets. Then, at the end of the week if our raffle ticket is pulled out of the hat we get to choose an item out of the class prize box. Individuals’ names are read out of the whole school praise book on Mondays in assembly too.
- At the end of the day in our ‘Special Praise Time’ we are rewarded with special shiny stickers for good work throughout the day.
- If the whole class in Green to Go by lunchtime and at the end of the day we receive a pot of gold and our teacher pulls two raffle tickets out.
- Each term we base our learning around a cross curricular theme (See the links below for more details).
- We have a superstarter day to begin our theme learning and a fantastic finisher day to end it (See the links below for photos showing how great these days are and how much we enjoy our learning).
- We have a daily maths lesson that is taught discretely to theme using our new school scheme taught across all three schools in the MAST called ‘Maths – No problem’.
- We are taught PE and RE once a week and separately too.
- We have an informal open door policy in key stage 1.
- If you wish to speak to our teacher just catch her on the playground at the end of the school day after she has safely seen all of the children in the class out to their appropriate adult.
- If after school is not convenient to you: phone up the school office and request that the teacher phones you back to arrange a more mutually convenient time.
- Failing all of the above – write a note to the teacher asking to speak to them and get your child to pass it on.
- If you have a few spare hours a week and would like to volunteer to help out in class, at lunchtimes or at the allotment just let your child’s teacher know and they will get Mrs Bolding to contact you about it. We could always do with an extra pair of hands!!!
- If you would like to come into school for a one off session to see how and what your child is learning and experience life as part of the class again speak to the teacher or Mrs Bolding – the more visitors we have in school the merrier.