Pupil and Family Support Worker
Term time – 38 weeks a year – 32 hours per week
C1 £19,171 to £24,799 pro rota
All Saints Church of England Primary School is a very successful primary school located at the heart of the diverse community of Chatham, Kent. The main school has 315 children on roll from Reception to Year 6 and the satellite nursery site has a capacity for 60 more.
The last Ofsted inspection graded the school as ‘good’ and our more recent Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) concurred by awarding the school a grading of ‘good’ as well.
We now have a vacancy for an experienced Pupil and Family Support Worker to work 32 hours a week (8.45am to 3.45pm Monday to Thursday and to 3.15pm Friday) but with flexibility to work later if and when the situation demands it.
The post holder will be based on the main school site and will work from a child centred approach, primarily concerned with developing and maintaining good working relationships with parents/carers, children, teachers, support staff and other external agencies.
The candidate we are looking for will:
- Be able to maintain confidentiality to the highest degree.
- Have experience of working closely with families and pupils in a supportive role.
- Be a trained safeguarding leader.
- Have experience of participating in and taking comprehensive notes of CP meetings, CIN cases, PEP meetings, LAC reviews, CAFs and Early Help conferences.
- Be able to prioritise own work load with an ever evolving and demanding case load.
- Be able to act as advocate, mediator and negotiator in situations with pupils, families and external agencies.
- Be able to work with a diverse range of pupils, many of whom have specific needs.
- Be committed to reducing barriers to learning and making children’s lives better.
If you believe you can make a difference towards improving our children’s lives, we would dearly love to hear from you and discuss all that you feel you could do.
Please contact the school office on 01634 338922 to arrange an informal telephone chat with the Head Teacher who can give you more details about what the role entails. If, after this you would like to apply for the job please submit an application form by the closing date below.
The closing date for application forms to be at school is: Friday 24th July 2020
Interviews will be held during the week commencing: Monday 3rd August 2020
All Saints is a family school. Once you are here – we promise - you will find it difficult to leave.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions. It is also subject to pre-employment checks including reference checks, identify and proof of right to work in the UK.
We reserve the right to research applicants on social media platforms and the internet, and the Board of Governors may take this information into consideration during the recruitment process