P.E. and Sport Premium
As a school we know how important sport and physical activity are in relation to all pupils' wellbeing so we make sure that all our children have access to a wide range of sporting opportunities.
The location of the school presents its own challenges in terms of our facilities and that we have no playing fields and are surrounded by housing and a main road. Therefore, a major focus of our spending is to ensure we offer opportunities to all our pupils including access to various external events, for example Medway Youth Games. We want all our children to become more active and now offer them a rich and varied PE curriculum including many after school clubs.
All year 6 children attend Medway Park for swimming lessons and some of our funding is used to hire Life Guards and ensure private use of pool lanes.
Our allocation of the PE Sport Funding supports our whole school vision and ethos to ensure that all our children ARISE.
What is Sports Premium?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The funding should ensure:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, encouraging healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the schools and is used as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring qualified coaches to work with teachers
- Providing existing staff with training and/or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introducing new sports and activities
- Running sports clubs and activities
- Increasing pupil participation in school competitions
How does All Saints School use the Sports Premium funding grant?