P.E. and Sport Premium
As a school we feel it is very important for our pupils that sport and physical education are high profile and that they have access to a wide range of sporting opportunities.
The location of the school presents its own challenges in terms of our facilities and that we have no playing fields and are surrounded by housing and a main road. Therefore, a major focus of our spending is to ensure we offer opportunities to all our pupils including access to various external events, for example Medway Youth Games. We want all our children to become more active and now offer them a rich and varied PE curriculum including many after school clubs.
All year 5 children attend Medway Park for swimming lessons in a block of six weeks and some of our funding is used to hire Life Guards and coaches. If any year 5 child does not make expected progress, we ensure they attend during year 6.
Our allocation of the PE Sport Funding supports our whole school vision and ethos to ensure that all our children ARISE.
What is Sports Premium?
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
The funding should ensure:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, encouraging healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the schools and is used as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- A broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring qualified coaches to work with teachers
- Providing existing staff with training and/or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- Introducing new sports and activities
- Running sports clubs and activities
- Increasing pupil participation in school competitions
How is All Saints School using the Sports Premium?
After careful consideration, it was decided that the funds should be spent in the following areas:
- To improve the provision of PE and school sport ensuring opportunities are given to all.
- Take part in competitive school sport for years 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- To make the very best use of the facilities within the school grounds
- To identify and engage with children to promote health choices through a wide variety of free after school clubs.
- To upskill our teaching staff
At All Saints School we currently allocate funding in the following ways:
- To sign up to Greenacre Sports Partnership where qualified coaches teach our pupils at after school clubs, ensuring there is a wide range of sports provision on offer.
- To take part in Mini Youth Games
- Provide cover staff to release teachers to attend sporting events
- To introduce new initiatives such as the development of Play Leaders
- To focus on early intervention in promoting balance and co-ordination through use of interventions such as Fizzy and the use of outdoor gym equipment leading to potential improved motor skill development.
- To ensure planned opportunities within PE and sport enhances pupils’ social development.
The sports premium spending plan for the academic year 2021-22 will be published later in the Autumn term.
The PE and Sports Premium spending plan for 2020-2021is listed below.
Greenacre Sports Partnership
December – July 2021
Foam rugby balls £119.85
Skipping ropes £45.11
Foam balls £21.32
Tennis balls £34.40
Bean Bags £24.70
Coaching Balls £34.40
To enable skills to be taught in small groups
Small focussed groups taught - Moderation// Lesson observation unble to take place due to Covid
|Professional services The Howard Partnership - Enhanced package||1,233.00|
CPD - Teachers, Teaching assistants and midday meals assistants
!:! Teaching support - 1 term
To improve teaching standards in PE and give teachers the skills and confidence necessary to be able to deliver PE effectively
CPD Delivered July 21 - To be implemented From Sept 2021 .
1:1 Teaching support to take place in Term 1 2021/22
|May 2021||Mindfulness area||£149.50||Windchimes 21.64|
Hanging pots 15.82
Wind chime 9.16
Yoga mats 102.88
To support children with their mental health and improve well being which will have a positive impact on their ability to achieve in the classroom.
To be installed during summer holidays 2021
|June 2021||Playground Markings||£4,500|
Thermoplastic Designs and Lines Ltd
Playground markings with focus on various sports stations
To encourage child led independent learning and increase level of physical activity during sessions. Will enable class teacher to teach skills to a small focus group to ensure maximum support given to less able children whilst being able to extend and challenge more able children.
To be installed during summer holidays 2021
|June 2021||17m traversing wall||£1,040.00||Sovereign Design Play Systems||Children will develop balance, confidence, coordination, problem-solving skills, teamwork, trust and strength.To be installed during summer holidays 2021|