What is the Pupil Premium Funding Grant?
The Pupil Premium Funding Grant is an amount of money the government allocates to all schools in Britain in order to support children, who they consider may be vulnerable to under achievement. The allocated money must be used to enable these specific children to reach their full potential and to close the attainment gap that often exists between them and their non-pupil premium peers.
Schools receive pupil premium funding for children who fall into one or more of these categories:
• At some point in their schooling journey they have received free school meals
• They have been removed from parental responsibility and placed into the care of the Local Authority
• They are the child of a serving father/ mother in the British forces
How do we spend the PPFG at All Saints School?
The money we receive from the PPFG is spent on experiences and resources that directly impact Pupil Premium children and their engagement levels at school.
Examples of spending from previous years include the following:
• The provision of teaching assistants to provide academic support during reading, writing and maths lessons
• The provision of teaching assistants to provide personalised intervention sessions in reading, writing and maths outside of the classroom setting.
• The provision of external services such as lego therapists, draw and talk therapists, play therapists and art therapists
• The provision of resources and books that can be taken home to support and enhance learning
• Funding for school trips and residentials
• Funding for school experiences that incur costs
• Funding for curriculum enrichment activities
• Funding for school uniform
• Funding for breakfast club and after school club
• Funding for peripatetic music tuition
Is my child eligible for the PPFG?
If you think that you may be eligible for Free School Meals/Pupil Premium funding, please speak to Mrs Russell in the school office or fill in an application via the Medway Council website.
Our plans for spending the PP funding grant in 2021 will be published later in the Autumn term.