In the event of a school closure, partial school closure or pupil absence due to isolation please click on this link to take you to our class remote/ blended learning page.
If your child is registered with the school as having specific special learning needs, please look at the home learning links to meet their requirements attached to this link. Thank you.
Welcome to St Paul’s Class!
There are 22 children in our reception class, and we share our learning environment with St Peter’s class.
Our teachers are Mrs Blackman and Miss Akrill.
Our class teaching assistants are Mrs Miall & Miss Hinton. Miss Jenner teaches St. Peter's class.
Below we have listed some helpful things about our class that we thought you might find useful to know.
- Our teachers use the EYFS curriculum for our planning, and we base our learning around what we are interested in. Have a look here: Statuary Framework Curriculum
- We are using the Connerstones curriculum, where each term we will focus on a given topic. We will have lots of exciting activities to carry out and lots of new things to learn.
- We learn to read and write using the Read, Write, Inc. phonics programme. Parents can find out more here: Read, Write Inc.
- Literacy is very important to us, and reading and writing are school priorities this year. We love sharing and talking about stories, and developing our writing skills through a wide range of mark-making opportunities. Parents can find out more here: Reading and Writing
- Our Mathematics curriculum focuses on number, and shape, space and measure. Our work is mostly practical, but we are also encouraged to record our own mathematical thinking in various ways.
- We follow 'Understanding Christianity', a Religious Education programme from the Rochester Diocese. You can find more information on the R.E. page.
- We follow the Greenacre Sports Partnership P.E. curriculum.
- In every lesson, our teachers encourage us to deepen our learning through exciting challenges.
- Each term, our teachers also give us a curriculum challenge that is related to our learning in school. It gives us a chance to show off our learning at home, and our teachers choose a child who has worked really hard on their challenge to win a special reward! This will be sent out at the beginning of each term, and should be handed in at the end of term.
- P.E. is on Friday afternoons.
- We need to wear our house coloured T-shirts, plain, dark shorts and plimsolls or trainers.
- When it is cold outside we can keep warm with a pair of plain, dark tracksuit bottoms or leggings and our school jumper.
- Due to Covid-19 we are having to come to school dressed in our P.E kit and wear it for the whole day.
- We need to tie our hair back and take off any jewellery before we come to school.
- We cover newly pierced earrings with tape. Parents must put this on at home before we come to school.
- Due to Covid-19 we will not currently be sending out books for the children to read with you at home.
- Activities to work on at home will be uploaded on to Tapestry.
- Phonics sounds that the children have been working on will be uploaded to Tapestry, please practise these with your child at home.
- We love it when you upload things on to Tapestry that the children have been doing at home. This may be extra learning or some exciting they have done.
- We follow the 6 school golden rules. These are:
We are kind, gentle, inclusive and supportive.
We respect and follow our school values.
We look after property.
We work hard to achieve and shine brightly.
We are safe and honest so everyone can enjoy school.
We listen carefully and follow instructions.
- We have a traffic light system in class, where ‘Green to Go’ is rewarded, and yellow, amber and red behaviour result in clearly defined consequences. If we move our face to yellow, we miss five minutes of our playtime. If we move our face to red, we will go to another class.
- When we do fantastic work, we might earn a sticker!
- When our whole class have been superstars, we earn a marble for our class marble jar. When we have earned ten marbles, we can choose a class reward!
- Each week, our teacher chooses a Green to Go behaviour star, a Literacy star and a Maths star. Our names will be put into the school praise book and will be read out in Collective Worship on Friday, so that everybody can give us a round of applause!
- You may even receive a text message to tell you if we have done something wonderful.
- We have an informal open door policy in reception class.
- You can speak to our teachers in the mornings, or after school when all of the children have been seen off safely.
- If these times are not convenient, you can phone the school office (01634 338922) and request that the teacher phones you back to arrange a mutually convenient time to meet. Or you can write a note and send it in your child's book bag.
Due to Covid 19 restrictions, at present parents will be able to request a telephone appointment with the teacher.
Come on in!
If you would like to come into school for a one-off session to see how and what your child is learning and experience life as part of the class, please contact Miss Akrill, Mrs Blackman or Miss Jenner – the more visitors we have in school the merrier!
Due to Covid-19 restrictions this will not be possible at the moment - Thank you for your understanding.