Our All Saints family shall ARISE and shine for the light of The Lord is upon us
Welcome to the All Saints PE page!
PE Manager - Mr McGurk
His email address is: email@example.com
Physical Education is an integral part of our curriculum at All Saints C of E Primary School and our children enjoy it. We strive to create a culture that is inclusive and engages all pupils. We aim to deliver high-quality teaching and learning opportunities that enable all children to achieve their personal best - to shine. We provide a safe and supportive environment for all children to flourish in a range of different physical activities which is essential in supporting their physical, emotional, spiritual, social and moral development.
Our curriculum aims to improve the well-being and fitness of all children, not only through the sporting skills taught, but through the underpinning values and disciplines PE promotes respect and sportsmanship being key.
Children develop the knowledge, skills and competence to excel in a broad range of sports and physical activities. All children participate in competitive sport which can be against self and/ or others. We provide opportunities for children to compete in inter school sporting activities where the young person’s motivation, competence and confidence are at the centre of the competition. All children want to achieve. Swimming is an important skill for life and it is our aim that all children leave primary school having met at least the minimum requirements of the National Curriculum.
We wish to inspire an active generation to enjoy PE, encourage each other and achieve. We encourage our children to transfer our school values of Achieve, Respect, Include Support, Enjoy into our sporting activities to create a positive attitude towards physical wellbeing. Therefore, enabling pupils
At All Saints C of E Primary we provide challenging and enjoyable learning through a range of sporting activities including invasion games, net & wall games, striking and fielding games, gymnastics, dance, and swimming.
- Pupils participate in at least 2 lessons of high quality PE per week covering two different sports/ skills focuses each half term.
- The long-term plan for PE sets out the PE units which are to be taught throughout the year and ensures that the requirements of the National Curriculum are fully met.
- PE lessons are taught discretely throughout the year- if we can link them to our topic we do - but we don't try to force them.
- All teachers have access to planning and resources that are adapted to the individual needs of the children in their class. This ensures progression across units and across the years as the children move through the school.
- Children attend swimming lessons in Year 6.
- Children are encouraged to stay active at break times and lunchtimes and can access a variety of equipment including various climbing apparatus, the outdoor gym and resources to share with others..
- Children are invited to attend competitive sporting events and festivals within the local area. This is an inclusive approach which endeavours to encourage not only physical development but also mental well-being. These events also develop teamwork and respect along with leadership skills and are very much enjoyed by the children.
At All Saints C of E Primary School, we ensure that our PE curriculum is progressive and allows children to develop fundamental skills and apply them to a variety of sports and activities. We aim to improve the wellbeing and fitness of all children
not only through the sporting skills taught, but through the underpinning values and disciplines that PE promotes including resilience, respect and challenge. Physical activity has a positive impact on learning in the classroom. Children can represent the school at local sporting events and festivals. Sporting achievements both in and out of school are shared in Celebration Assembly. All pupils understand the values and importance of fair play and being a good sportsperson. Children understand how to lead a healthy lifestyle and understand the importance of regular exercise. We aim for all Year 6 pupils to leave school with the skills to competently swim at least 25m and have the skills to self-rescue in the water which are key life skills. We aspire for children to enjoy PE and develop a love of sport and physical activity which becomes part of their future life outside of primary school.
Competitions and challenges
At All Saints School we aim to enter as many competitions as we can throughout the year.
The children that attend the competitions are chosen from those who have attended the extra-curricular clubs and those who have shown a talent and need to be more challenged in class based PE lessons for the sport they have been learning.
We all enjoy celebrating the achievements of the children at the competitions in celebration assembly and re all very proud of them.
Ideas for PE activities at home